There’s a big debate about whether or not to vaccinate your children, whether they cause other conditions, and whether or not they are even necessary. Whatever your position is on the debate, West V…Read More
A “Well Woman Exam” is a foundation for wellness and the promotion of health management for women of all ages. A Well Woman Exam can also be referred to as a routine check-up, yearly exam, annual pap, and preventive visit. The exam is a part of living a healthy lifestyle and it’s important for the early detection of disease.
A Well Woman Exam normally includes the following:
- A personal discussion about your health, physical and mental well being.
- A general physical exam.
- A breast exam.
- A pelvic exam (pap smear).
- An update of your life and work situation.
- An update of your family health history (are there any new serious illnesses in your family?).
- A review of your health history.
- An update of current medications, herbs, and supplements (please bring a list).
- Discuss your need for medication refills.
- An evaluation of need for health screening tests based on age, personal, and family history.
- An update of your immunization records.
A Well Woman Exam should be done on an annual basis. If it has been more than 12 months since your last exam, please schedule yours today.