A “Well Woman Exam” is a foundation for wellness and the promotion of health management for women of all ages. A Well Woman Exam can also be referred to as a routine check-up, yearly exam, annual pap, and preventive visit. The exam is a part of living a healthy lifestyle and it’s important for the early detection of disease.
A Well Woman Exam normally includes the following:
- A personal discussion about your health, physical and mental well being.
- A general physical exam.
- A breast exam.
- A pelvic exam (pap smear).
- An update of your life and work situation.
- An update of your family health history (are there any new serious illnesses in your family?).
- A review of your health history.
- An update of current medications, herbs, and supplements (please bring a list).
- Discuss your need for medication refills.
- An evaluation of need for health screening tests based on age, personal, and family history.
- An update of your immunization records.
A Well Woman Exam should be done on an annual basis. If it has been more than 12 months since your last exam, please schedule yours today.